Hi, everyone! This is Beth from the New Embroidery with Vintage Patterns group on Flickr with some exciting news with my fellow stitchers: For June/July, we're doing a contest!
Contest begins Wednesday, June 20
Category winners announced Wednesday, July 25
Grand prize winner announced Monday, July 30
Door prize winners announced Monday, July 30
How to Enter:Join the group on Flickr New Embroidery with Vintage Patterns to enter the contest and to find the full details and rules.
Three Contest Categories:
- Summer Theme- any vintage embroidery pattern that captures the meaning and spirit of summer for you.
- Modified Pattern - Want to make a vintage pattern your own by altering it, go ahead! Just make sure to follow the extra directions.
- One pattern, many stitchers - show us some stitchy fun with this fun pattern shared by Flickr member, doe-c-doe. Pattern source: Capper's Weekly Needlecraft, design 7391.
Judging & Door Prizes:
The judges will select one winner from each category so there will be a total of 3 category winners! All 3 will receive prizes from our awesome and generous prize sponsors (see below)! Yay! Then, from the 3 category winners, all of y'all will vote (via an online poll) for a Grand Prize Winner and he/she will receive some amazing prizes (see below), hurray!
There are also door prizes so everyone who participates in The Summer of Vintage Stitchy Love Contest has a chance to win something terrific!
Prizes provided by:
- All three category winners will receive an e-book, Little Book of Embroidery volume 1, from Emily of The Floss Box.
- One category winner will receive 5 patterns from Colonial Patterns: 4014 Baby Chicks, 4015 Adorable Puppy, 4016 Barn Animals, 4017 Kooky Kitchen, and 4020 Happy Homemaker.
- The second category winner will win two PDF vintage embroidery patterns of his/her choice from Vicki at PatternBee.
- The third category winner will receive these gorgeous magenta scissors + "this took forever" ribbon from Sublime Stitching!
- The Grand Prize winner will receive a box of loot from DMC!
- Kathleen from Midvale Cottage is donating an uncut, vintage Vogart embroidery pattern for the Grand Prize winner!
- Sarah, co-founder of Missouri Star Quilt Co., will be donating a set of 3 natural tea towels.
- Three participants will receive a pair of PDFs from Mollie of Wild Olive -- chores of the week printable list and chores of the week embroidery pattern!
- Three participants will receive an e-book, Little Book of Embroidery volume 1, from Emily of The Floss Box.
- One participant will receive a set of 5 notecards inspired by vintage embroidery and apron patterns from Kirsten of Turn-of-the-Centuries.
- One participant will receive a set of 10 quilting Double Irish Chain notecards from Sarah of Missouri Star Quilt Co.
Be sure to join the New Embroidery with Vintage Patterns group to enter the contest and to find the full details and rules. Check back in with the New Embroidery with Vintage Patterns group on Wednesday, July 25 to find out who the three category winners are and to learn how to cast your vote for the Grand Prize winner which will be announced on Monday, July 30 -- door prizes will be announced this day too! Don't miss the big contest re-cap post here on Feeling Stitchy, on Saturday, July 28! Get those needles threaded and start stitching!