Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bird Romance

little version
free pattern - click to get larger size and print!

Now, let me just get something out of the way here - I am not a very romantic person. I mean - I believe in true love and all that, but my skin really crawls when people get all schmoopy on each other. In public. But with birds, a little schmoopiness, you know - it's totally acceptable. So, in honor of that totally overblown, give-me-a-reason-to-fight-with-you holiday we refer to as Valentine's Day, let me lay some cute PDA on you. You just tell these birds to get a room. They ain't listenin.


Also on this sheet are 3 large designs meant for pillowcases - a cute cat peeping out of a rose or poppy as if it grew there, Cabbage-Patch-like. Also 2 lambs jumping a fence with their little pink tongues hanging out, as if to say "Geez, it's hard work getting you guys to sleep!" And, the lovebirds. Also a few small rose motifs and cross-stitch lettering for Mr, Mrs, Mine and Yours. Wouldn't it be funny, by the way, to decorate your bathroom in a really selfish way by labeling all the towels "Mine" and none "Yours?" Hee hee. Visitors would be baffled. :)


You can tell my pattern has seen better days - tattered, lots of age spots and that telltale "old smell" is so strong it makes me sneeze. (Thank God for plastic sleeves.) Also, my sheet is incomplete - I'm missing the kitty peeping out of the rose.


Here's the big old version of those birdies, suitable for a nice pillowcase:
Little lovebirds
free pattern - click to get larger size and print!


I stitched this baby for my sister a couple of years back:


By the way, I dunno why I put a big old copyright floresita on there. It was a brief craze of mine. I thought it looked stupid so I stopped.


Here are the birdies up close:
a little something


Anybody else stitch this? Leave a link, we'd love to see it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this pattern! It is so cute, and i can't wait to stitch it.

Rebekah said...

I think it would be fun to label all of the pillows on the bed mine then Brian would have none. hehe. To tempting a thought.

I will have to check my pattern I might have that kitty you are missing.

Prim Rose Hill ©2008-2020 said...

OMGosh!! Thank you so much for this adorable pattern!!

Lakshmi said...

Oh I love this cute design..will stitch it and revert back to you..

thanks a lott
lakshmi
http://sadalas.blogspot.com

barncat (Lisa) said...

Yes! I've stitched them, but not on a pillowcase, just a tea towel. :) http://www.flickr.com/photos/26533531@N05/3011170750/in/set-72157606890970009/

floresita said...

Sweetness, barncat! :)

Oh, Rebekah, I'd love to see it!

Bigcielo67 said...

Beautiful!!! Gracias!

MidwesternMolly said...

I absolutely love love love this sweet pattern. I just finished stitching it and the finished product can be seen here: http://midwesternmolly.blogspot.com/2012/03/lovebirds-pillowcase.html