Monday, June 9, 2008

Laura Wheeler 524 - Bird DOW

Design524-Wheeler D524-bird-teapot
free pattern - click to get larger size and print!

Hey all! Here's my second post featuring free patterns scanned by Erin (or rectangel). By the way, there's a great interview with her on Feeling Stitchy - check it out!


This is a Laura Wheeler days of the week design with some rather cutesy birds. We know it is Laura Wheeler because of the newspaper clipping Erin had in her envelope. There are 6 cute designs, including the one pictured above, featuring an adorable bird peering inquisitively at cutlery, tableware, and cookware. Enjoy! And thanks again, Erin!

free patterns - click to get larger size and print!
D524-bird-silver D524-bird-pot D524-bird-glass D524-bird-coffee D524-bird-bowl

9 comments:

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

This is great! I just happened across your blog tonight, but I'm adding it to my blog reader.

I recently acquired about 25 Workbasket magazines from the early 1950s and each one has an embroidery pattern in it. They aren't iron-on transfers, but the same type of pattern. I've been scanning various "clippings" from the magazines over the past few weeks to post on my blog and I'm not through yet. I'm thinking I'll save all the embroidery patterns to do together. I'll let you know when I do.

Thanks for sharing!

Laura-IH said...

I love DOW towel patterns, especially ones like these that make me go, "Huh?" Like, why is that bird anywhere near cooking stuff? Birds never come into my kitchen while I'm baking. : (

Drewzel said...

Hooray! Birdies and teapots! Love them :D

Mary said...

These patterns are adorable! I've recently been searching the internet for transfer patterns that my mother and grandmother used to stitch. I found your blog and will be checking in regularly to see what precious collections you will share with us next. :) Thank you for posting these for all the daughters that still love those classic vintage patterns!

Mary
Omaha, NE

Stephanie said...

HI there!

I wanted you to know that I love the birdies and just finished the birdie with the teacup and spoon. if you want to check out what I did pop over to my Blog! Please leave a coment if you stop by! My blog: http://deliberatelycreative.blogspot.com/
Cheers!
Stephanie in Vancouver WA

MadeByAmanda said...

I just found your blog - love all the great designs, thanks for taking the time to share them.

Stitcher S said...

Thanks again for more great patterns seen here! I can't wait for some time to get to some more projects.

Love the birdies!

Lori Ann said...

So cute! Adding your blog to my reader + bookmarking this post to delicious to try some of these out later!

Mari said...

I just stitched the one with the cutlery last night!

Mari makes: Put a Bird on It

Thanks for posting the designs!