Monday, August 18, 2008

Design 1854: Mexican Man DOW

Allow me to introduce you to the little-known hardships of the unmarried Mexican male. Lest you believe all that machismo crap and think every Mexican man has a sancha to do his housework, allow me to present you with this industrious single male, all by himself every single day, doing all the chores that have to be done, even cooking. The only thing missing is his phone number. Enjoy!

These cute designs were kindly scanned and contributed by Mary Ellen - thank you!

Mexican tuesday Mexican wedenesday Mexican thursday Mexican friday Mexican saturday

7 comments:

Laura-IH said...

Oh, my! One unanswered question I have about vintage DOW transfers is this: Why are the characters on DOW transfers always mending the seat of their pants? Didn't anyone ever tear their shirt sleeve or knee? Once in a while they will be mending a sock, but usually someone is stitching up an unfortunate trousers accident! What's up with that?

Unknown said...

Hi from Serbia!
I am Radica, crafter to.
In my country we have a similar things like this - it`s great, isn`t it?
Thank you for sharing with us this nice transfers.

Felt-o-rama said...

I just recently discovered your site and want to say 'Thank You and Thank You' for sharing these fabulous vintage transfer patterns with us. It's such a delight to visit your blog. I'll have to share some of my own collection with you soon!

Drewzel said...

I have that same expression whenever I do any ironing!
And a chicken...oooh!

celaine53f@comcast.net said...

Missed your blog!

e rega said...

I can't even fathom *why* anyone might need mexican themed day of the week patterns, but I love it.

Lauri said...

OMG. I have to embroider the laundry one for my laundry embroidery collection in my laundry room! Definitely the only man in that collection! lol