Thursday, September 18, 2008

Creepy cute, glassy-eyed animals

squirrel with butterfly
You want this acorn? You just try and take this acorn from me.

Ok, I know the intention was not to make these animals look creepy by leaving their eyes blank. The manufacturers just figured you'd fill that in with a satin stitch, so why waste ink. I love however, the unintentionally creepy, "Village of the Damned" effect it creates, and what with Halloween approaching, maybe some of you could work your creepy magic on these? Something along the lines of Zombie Jitterbug Girl? Just an idea....


Thanks again to Erin, for allowing me to share these from her collection! And creepy or not creepy, let me know if you stitched these! :) Also, thank you to Jessica from How About Orange for featuring this blog! Her blog is amazing and it's an honor to be featured. Welcome, everyone who is visiting thanks to her, and be sure to come back soon! :)


free patterns - click to get larger size and print!
pig with balloon peguin with ball duck with umbrella dog with flowers cat with yarn

15 comments:

Average Jane Crafter said...

Excccccellllennntt ......

(wheels turning....)

floresita said...

Oh yeah!!!!

liz said...

I believe that I've seen needlepoint that my mom did as a girl in some of these designs...or something very similar!

Unknown said...

Oooo! drooling dd14 looking over my shoulder. Thank you :)

Lyn said...

Thank you for sharing the vintage transfers. Regards Lyn

Threeundertwo said...

LOL the squirrel is the creepiest, but the penguin is a close second!

Funny.

Maggie said...

I had a baby blanket with these on them that my mom made when she was pregnant with me! I was sooooo excited to see these! Brings back good memories!

Drewzel said...

Oh the kitty! The kitty!!

Claudia said...

Hi!
I´ve just embroidered one of your lovely transfers: Scotty dog! I LOVE it!!!
Thanks a lot!!!

Enri said...

what a wonderful blog,thanks for sharing all this cute patterns...i'll use them soon...
bye from Italy!!
Enrica

50sgal said...

These are adorable and would most likely fit nicely on a tea towel in my kitchen. I am currently living in 1955 and these would be right up my alley. DO you have any images good for a 1955 housewife to sticth on a quite sunday afternoon between baking cooking?

Unknown said...

I want to let you know I have tagged you for an award. Your blog is awesome.
Thanks

Unknown said...

Hi
I just wanted to let you know I have tagged your blog for an award. I love this blog ... thanks for sharing you!

Unknown said...

they are cute and yes the no pupil thing is decidedly creepy

Dream It said...

love these vintage patterns